What is the Jing Method™ of Advanced Clinical Massage?
The Jing Method™ of Advanced Clinical Massage is a unique outcome based system for addressing chronic musculoskeletal pain through a tried and tested fusion of advanced soft tissue and massage techniques.
Effective with most types of chronic musculoskeletal pain including; back pain, sciatica, neck pain, whiplash, migraines, frozen shoulder, sports injuries, knee pain, ligament and tendon issues. As well as systemic conditions like fibromyalgia, myofascial pain syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis and plantar fasciitis.
The Jing Method™ is a partnership between patient and practitioner where a six session treatment plan is designed to increase your mobility, agility, and joint range of motion (ROM), whilst focussing on decreasing your daily pain.
The Jing Method™ blends the best of advanced bodywork techniques from both East and West including trigger point, fascial work, acupressure and stretching with a truly holistic approach based on the biopsychosocial model of pain and modern neuroscience.
The revolution that is The Jing Method™ was pioneered by international chronic pain experts Rachel Fairweather and Meghan Mari. They have laid out their philosophy and practice in award winning educational text Massage Fusion: The Jing Method™ for the treatment of chronic pain
The Jing Method™ is used by massage therapists, osteopaths, physiotherapists, midwives, GPs, and those interested in a complementary health care model.
What can I expect from a Jing Method Advanced Clinical Massage?
As a client if you visit a therapist trained in the Jing Method™ of advanced clinical massage you can expect:
- A warm and compassionate partner to guide you on your journey out of chronic pain
- A reduction of your pain and increase in movement in 6 treatments or less
- A thorough assessment utilising orthopaedic functional muscle testing
- An individual treatment plan to address your presenting pain condition
- A fusion of advanced massage and soft tissue techniques drawn from East and West
- Tailored after care to put you in the driving seat of your recovery
A Jing Method™ Advanced Clinical Massage Treatment will involve:
In line with government guidelines on close contact work the following adjustments may be made to treatments by your therapist.
- A thorough pre-treatment consultation and assessment – via Zoom, FaceTime or over the phone – together with your therapist you will agree on your desired outcome from treatment
- A 45 minute hands-on treatment
- Re-assessment of your pain levels and range of motion post treatment
- Follow-up aftercare session – via Zoom, FaceTime or over the phone – you will be given appropriate stretches / mobilisations / mindfulness or strengthening exercises to help achieve your agreed upon outcome in a timely fashion
Template for graduates of the ACMT
I am a Jing Method™ advanced clinical massage therapist. I am qualified to treat a range of chronic musculoskeletal pain conditions including low back pain, neck pain, headaches whiplash, RSI fibromyalgia and many other ongoing injury or pain conditions
As an advanced clinical massage therapist I am trained in a range of safe and effective soft tissue and massage techniques that aim to reduce your pain and increase your movement within 1-6 clinical treatments. The techniques I use include fascial work, trigger point therapy, acupressure, stretching and tailored self care.
I use a warm and heart centred approach that takes full account of all your physical and emotional needs and am committed to working alongside you to get the results you need.