Hands On Practical Course Equipment Checklist!
You don’t have to have these exact ones, they’re just examples/recommendations.
• Class will finish at 4.30/5pm
Each day you will need a clean set of linens, these are the linens that will be used on the table when YOU get massaged and they need to be white. A full set of linens includes:
- 2x Large (bath sheet size) White Towels – EXAMPLE
- 1x White Couch Covers or Single Fitted Sheets – COUCH COVER EXAMPLE, FLEECE COUCH COVER EXAMPLE, or FITTED SHEET EXAMPLE
- 1x Face Cradle Covers or Pillowcases – FACE CRADLE COVER EXAMPLE or PILLOW CASE EXAMPLE:
- 1 x Blanket (optional but do bring one if you tend to get cold! – EXAMPLE HERE:
You will need to bring your own lubricant for when you are treating in the classroom – here at Jing we recommend the use of wax. If you are coming on a myofascial course you will not need wax but we recommend a waterbased lotion.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Lateral Flow Testing:
We would appreciate if you can take a test the day before you visit us, even if you are double/triple vaccinated. Please bring enough lateral flow test to do one each morning you are attending class. Please bring the results with you to registration each day. If you do not bring them you will need to buy them off us.
Regardless of national and local guidelines PPE is still required at Jing, face masks (unless exempt) are to be worn when giving or receiving a massage treatment
- IMPORTANT! You still need to wear a mask during treatments. Face Masks (Type IIr) for each day – EXAMPLE
- Optional: 1 x Face Visor – EXAMPLE
What to wear on a Jing course
- Loose fitting comfortable clothes (jeans and skirts are not appropriate) as the days will be mainly practical work
- All jewellery is to be removed during massage sessions
- We work without shoes on; so if you get cold feet you might (not in any way compulsory) want to purchase some yoga socks as they have grippy soles. Click HERE for an example
Courses that need some extra equipment
TMJ Pain Course
All of the above PLUS – GLOVES ARE NOT OPTIONAL ON THIS COURSE – You need them for the intra-oral work.:
Hot Stone Courses
All of the above PLUS:
Stone Kits: Obviously, you will need a great set of stones to carry out your work! For this course you are required to bring your own because this will benefit you in becoming a confident stone therapist; using your own stones during practice sessions will get you used to your own equipment (important because they all have their own personalities!). A Jing Kit can be purchased from Vulsini https://vulsini.com/products/large-jing-massage-basalt-stone-set-43, and use the discount code: JING1119 for some money off!
Stone kits can be purchased from other companies or second-hand – we recommend you purchase at least 40 stones of varying sizes (sacrum stone; large stones; medium stones; small stones; face stones; trigger point stones & toe stones), with a high iron content.
Stone heaters: We recommend that rather than buying an expensive stone heater you purchase a “crockpot” or slow heater of size 5 litres or larger from a good electrical shop such as Amazon Argos, Currys, Comet or John Lewis. You will need to purchase one that is wide rather than deep. These usually retail at about £30. Bring this with you as the heaters vary massively and it’s best to get used to your own! Click here for EXAMPLES
The other option which is suited to mobile therapists is to buy a Vulsini heating bag.
Other useful Information
There are many options in our fabulous town so do ask Aunty Google and check out AirBnB.
Brighton is not the easiest place to park in….we have a green council! Best to sort out parking before you get here to save money and stress!