Body Moves Advanced Clinical and Sports Massage Therapy with Christina Clayton-Boyce
I am currently the only Jing MethodTM Advanced Clinical and Sports Massage Therapist offering treatments for chronic musculoskeletal pain and injuries on the Isle of Man and am a qualified and highly skilled Yoga Teacher (YA500hrs) and Nutritional Therapist (DipNT CNM).
As an Advanced Clinical Massage Therapist I treat a range of chronic musculoskeletal pain conditions and injuries including back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, frozen shoulder, sciatica, headaches, whiplash, plantar fasciitis, RSI, ligament and tendon issues and many other ongoing injury or pain conditions.
I am trained in a range of safe and effective advanced soft tissue and massage techniques that aim to reduce your pain and increase your movement within 1-6 clinical treatments. The techniques I use include fascial work, trigger point therapy, deep tissue massage, acupressure, stretching and tailored self-care.
I use a warm and heart-centred approach that takes into account your physical and emotional needs and am committed to working alongside you to get the results you need.
• Distinction – ITEC Holistic Massage, Anatomy and Physiology
• Deep Tissue Massage
• Advanced Therapist in NO HANDS® Massage
• Completed the NO HANDS® Massage Mastery Programme in 2014
• Sport and Events Massage – Level 4
• Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy
Jing Advanced Massage Training, Brighton, UK:
• TMJ, Face, Headache and Jaw Pain Specialist Clinical Massage
• Table Thai Massage
• Foundation in Advanced Clinical Massage
• Advanced Clinical Massage for Low Back Pain
• Advanced Clinical Massage for Shoulder Girdle Pain
• Advanced Clinical Massage for Neck and Shoulder pain
• Advanced Clinical Massage for Hip and Pelvis Pain
• Advanced Clinical Massage for Leg, Knee and Foot Pain
• Advanced Clinical Massage for Forearm, Wrist and Hand Pain
• Sports and Events Massage
Born on the Isle of Man, my passion for complementary and holistic health began when I began practicing yoga over 25 years ago.
Yoga qualifications and trainings:
• British Wheel of Yoga Foundation Course
• Yoga Alliance 500 hours teaching certificate in Iyengar Inspired Karuna Yoga with Ruth White (a direct student of Mr BKS Iyengar)
• Pregnancy Yoga, Sitaram Training, Yogacampus, London
• Experiential Yoga and Movement Anatomy Course with Gary Carter, Natural Bodies, UK. This training further developed my understanding of how to work with the breath, spine and gravity, and how to work with a thorough knowledge of anatomy to encourage kinaesthetic awareness, ease of movement and efficient body use to make intelligent choices in the teaching and practice of yoga.
• I was appointed one of the principle teachers at the Isle of Man’s first yoga studio (Karma Yoga) in 2006 and I have been a Senior Teaching Assessor for Karuna Yoga.
In 2010 I moved to Brighton, UK to complete a three year training as a Nutritional Therapist:
• Diploma Nutritional Therapy (DipNT), College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM)
I taught yoga at the Natural Bodies centre in Brighton before moving to Bath where I taught at the Yoga Bodhi Studio.
In 2023 I returned to live on the Isle of Man where I offer my unique skills and knowledge to clients with chronic musculoskeletal conditions and injuries. I also teach yoga on a 1-2-1 basis.
I am currently undertaking a level 3 Personal Training course to continue developing my skills and knowledge.
Facebook: Body Moves Isle of Man