This is an certified course for candidates who require a first aid certificate. A certificate valid for 3 years will be issued upon full attendance and satisfactory assessment of the delegate. Can be used for Continuing Professional Development (CPD). This fulfils the requirements for the purposes of complying with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
The course content includes:
- The role of the first aider
- The priorities of treatment
- Regurgitation and face shields
- The contents of first aid kits (and avoiding cross infection)
- How to record incidents and accidents
- How to assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, quickly and effectively in an emergency
- How to administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious
- needs cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- is having an epileptic seizure
You will also learn what to do in the case of minor injuries i.e. wounds and bleeding; burns and scalds. Complimentary refreshments will be provided through the day.