We recommend all massage therapists, especially those who are self employed and work from home, learn basic first aid in case of emergencies – it pays to be prepared! Be ready for anything in your clinic and increase your knowledge and skills with this fantastic certified course that provides you with your First Aid certificate.
A certificate valid for 3 years will be issued upon full attendance and satisfactory assessment of the delegate on the day. This fulfils the requirements for the purposes of complying with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This course can be used for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) too!
You will learn:
- The role of the first aider
- The priorities of treatment
- Regurgitation and face shields
- The contents of first aid kits (and avoiding cross infection)
- How to record incidents and accidents
- How to assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, quickly and effectively in an emergency
- How to administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious
- needs cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is choking
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- is having an epileptic seizure
You will also learn what to do in the case of minor injuries i.e. wounds and bleeding; burns and scalds.