Jing in Jubilee Square
The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic or hospital. (Mark Hyman)
OUR YEARLY COMMUNITY FUNDRAISER
Book a Massage or Yoga Workshop – APPOINTMENT BOOKING SYSTEM – LIVE SOON
Here is the timetable for the massages on the day:
|11:00 – 12:30|
|12:45 – 14:15|
|14:30 – 16:00|
|16:15 – 17:45|
|18:00 – 19:30|
Minimum donation £30 – £60
Here is the timetable for the Yoga and Dance sessions on the day (specific classes TBA):
|Yoga and Dance Workshops|
|10:30 – 11:00|
|11:15 – 12:00|
|13:00 – 13:45|
|14:00 – 14:45|
|15:00 – 15:45|
|16:00 – 16:45|
|17:00 – 17:45|
|18:00 – 18:45|
Minimum donation £5 – £20
Every year Brighton’s own Jing Advanced Massage Training creates an outdoor massage and yoga extravaganza to raise money for a local charity. This year the day will raise funds for Brighton’s Domestic Abuse charity – Rise.
Our Vision: Freedom from abuse and violence
Relieve the poverty, sickness, distress and suffering experienced by those who are abused, and survivors of abuse and violence particularly women, Lesbian, Gay. Bi-sexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex (LGBTQI), children, young people and families who have been impacted by domestic and sexual abuse and violence.
Ø Respect- RISE values the individual, their experience and their opinions. RISE reinforces their sense of self-worth and recognizes their strengths and freedoms.
Ø Independence- RISE fosters a sense of personal responsibility in people, giving them the confidence to make their own decisions to live their lives free from domestic violence
Ø Safety- RISE understands, promotes and models practices which prioritise people’s physical and emotional safety.
Ø Equality- RISE ensures that services are developed to meet the needs of all people using its service, regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion and class.
RISE believes that freedom from abuse and violence is a basic human right.
We are committed to our mission and work to ensure that individuals and communities understand and act to end abuse against women, children and young people. Nationally and internationally domestic violence is recognised as a fundamental violation of human rights and a cause and consequence of gender equality, of wider social, economic and cultural discrimination experienced by women.
We currently provide the following services:
· The Portal Service – a domestic and sexual abuse service for survivors in Brighton & Hove and East Sussex.
· Helpline facilities, providing access to services, support and advice by phone to survivors of DA and SA across B&H and East Sussex.
· Crisis support for high risk and medium risk survivors of domestic violence in B&H.
· Refuge and resettlement support in B&H and West Sussex including dedicated LGBT refuge provision.
· Longer term support in the community, including drop-in sessions, and evidence based group work programs through the Portal and RISE’s Prevention and Recovery Service.
· Trauma informed therapeutic counselling through RISE’s Therapeutic Services.
· Specialist support for children and young people and families through the Portal and
· RISE’s Prevention and Recovery Service.
· Dedicated LGBTQI service.
· Training and consultancy service.
· Fundraising and Events.
Come and join in the festivities by booking one of the 150 60-minute massages available or taking a yoga or dance class (why not do both?!) Partnered with other local Brighton businesses to run the workshops, the day will also include music, hula-hooping, bubbles and face-painting – there’ll be loads of fun for the whole family!
Treat yourself or a friend or loved one who would enjoy a massage in the Massage Marathon Marquee. Help spread the word and get all your friends to book in and donate to an amazing cause. Come along to one of our amazing workshops by booking your place – OPENING SOON!!!
Donate today on the link below