- Watch the Full Conference Recording
- Watch Conference Introduction with Jing Directors Meghan Mari & Rachel Fairweather
- Presenter – Joanne Grinbergs ACMT, BTEC6. Title: Effects of the Jing Method™ of Clinical Massage for Treating Musculoskeletal Pain in Post-Menopausal Women
- Presenter – Jessie Percival BA, MA, ACMT, BTEC6. Title: Case study on the efficacy of the online use of The Jing Method™ to reduce chronic nonspecific lower back pain.
- Presenter – Tom Rigby ACMT, BTEC6. Title: Effects of the Jing Method™ in treating symptoms of depression in men
- Presenter – Georgie Rock BA Hons, ACMT, BTEC6. Title: The efficiency of online self-care for the treatment of musculoskeletal knee pain taught using video communication
- Presenter – Marina Kyriacou ACMT, BTEC6. Title: Personal Growth and Development: Refining the Skill of Teaching Prescriptive Rehabilitation Exercises during the 2020 pandemic lockdown.
- Presenter – Susie Johnston BA Hons, PGCE, ACMT, BTEC6 Title: The effects of a six-week course of treatment using the Jing Method™ of clinical massage on shoulder pain in women after breast cancer surgery.
- Watch the Final Q&A session
The 2021 JING Clinical Research Conference
A Presentation of BTEC Level 6 Research Projects: Massage in the Covid Era
For over a decade Jing Massage has been proud to be the only school in the UK offering a BTEC Level 6 Professional Diploma in Advanced Clinical and Sports Massage. This unique course gives students a chance to study at the highest accredited level of massage and soft tissue therapy. Their 4 year part time course includes the devising and conducting of a focused research project to add to the worldwide pool of clinical research in massage.
Within this online course you can access SO much great content using the Module links at the bottom of the page. As well as a recording of the conference you can view all the BTEC 2018 graduates’ FULL research project dissertations as PDF downloads to read at your leisure!
The live conference took place on Wednesday 20th January, 10am-2:30pm. At the conference Jing graduates, who devised and completed their research in the midst of a global pandemic, shared their research live for the first time. Offering unique and valuable findings in this ever-changing world, the 2021 conference was a momentous occasion offering massage therapists a robust, current research evidence base to inform their practice in the Covid era and beyond.
To view and download full dissertations and presentation slides from presenters, along with contact emails for any further questions are available in the below sections, click on title and name.
- Angelica Forero-Rodriguez (ACMT BTEC6) Title: The effects of the Jing neck and shoulder protocol on the sagittal plane postural alignment of the head and shoulder
- Leyla Kudmany ACMT, BTEC6. Title: Assessing The Effectiveness Of Online Guided Self Care For Those With Persistent Shoulder Pain : Case Studies
- Gillian Leeman ACMT, BTEC6. Title: A Case Study.The Effects of Using Myofascial Release on Individuals Suffering with Self-Diagnosed Anxiety and Stress
Recording of Live Conference