Early evidence from those who have experienced covid 19 suggests that there is a significant number of sufferers who are experiencing some form of post viral syndrome, similar to symptoms of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
These syndromes can be frustrating conditions for the bodyworker to treat. Endless symptoms such as constant pain, fatigue, “fibro-fog”, digestive problems, sensitivity to light and noise (to name but a few) can be overwhelming for both practitioner and client. Traditional bodywork techniques and some aspects of fascial practice can also often leave the client in more pain after treatment.
This dynamic workshop outlines a clear theoretical model for safely treating fibromyalgia and covid 19 post viral syndrome with your existing toolbox of manual therapy or movement techniques. You will learn:
• A theoretical understanding of etiology of these conditions
• An understanding of treatment planning and managing client expectations
• An understanding of relevant technical terms including central sensitisation, nervous system “wind up” and the biopsychosocial model
• How to adapt your existing hands on or movement techniques for working with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and covid 19 post viral syndrome
• Self care techniques and approaches
Unfortunately the dates for this class have come and gone, but we are working on next year's schedule - so email us and tell us you are interested, so you can be the first to know of the new dates. Can’t wait to hear from you.