We are delighted to be opening our doors for classes at Jing from August 2020 and thrilled to welcome you back.
Your health and well-being is our priority!
We’ve put the following guidelines together to make your experience in your Jing home the best it possibly can be. Please get in touch with us on 01273 628942 if you have any questions.Your whole Jing family, including the directors, the staff and all the teaching team, are working together to ensure your safety. We need you to be a part of that too.
We implore you to use your best judgement at all times – in the class, outside the class, break times, before and after class and in your evening activities – to actively participate in a continuity of care for yourself and your community of health care providers; specifically to use face coverings at all plausible times, to acutely follow handwashing and face touching guidelines and social distancing measures. We are all responsible for each other’s safety at all times, in and outside of your Jing home.
Jing is closely monitoring the ever changing and evolving situation regarding COVID-19. First and foremost, we care deeply about the health and well being of our students, teachers and community.
Below is important information about your Jing experience and your responsibilities in keeping yourself, other students and our community safe. There is also information about bookings, payments and cancellations.
Stuff to know before you get here
Bookings, payments and cancellation
- Early booking for courses is recommended as course numbers will be lowered.
- If you choose to purchase anything (e.g books, wax) at Jing, we will be operating a ‘no cash’ policy for the time-being. Card payments only.
- Please ensure any accommodation or travel you book has a responsible free cancellation policy. Jing cannot be held responsible for any additional costs incurred in the event.
- Jing will not be issuing any refunds for any covid-related cancellations. We are committed to working with you to reschedule and / or deliver your education in the best way that suits you. We will provide the best support and information in helping you make that decision.
- Our commitment to you is that we are lifting our administration fee for any changes during this global pandemic.
Things that might happen
In the event of a local lockdown in Brighton (Jing HQ) OR your home town, preventing the course from happening, we will reschedule the course you were booked on to a later date or give you the amount you paid as a credit towards any other Jing course. There will be no administration fee.
If any of the below points happen, we will reschedule the course you were booked on to a later date or give you the amount you paid as a credit towards any other Jing course. There will be no administration fee.
- If you present with any of the COVID 19 symptoms 14 days before the course please call us on 01273 628942 as soon as possible to make alternative arrangements.
- If you cannot travel because of COVID 19 travel restrictions.
- If you develop any COVID 19 symptoms during a course, for yours and everybody else’s safety we will support you to leave and return home as soon as possible and make a discretionary plan around your own continuing education.
Pre-Course Information briefings / enhancement of education
- Before your course you will receive information about what our current COVID 19 procedures are, and what you need to bring with you for your course.
- This information will be emailed to you and may include a pre-course briefing via zoom/video recording. You will be required to attend live or watch the recording before attending the course.
- Please note specific details about bringing your own PPE equipment and linens.
- Each day you will need a clean set of white linens to use when receiving treatment:
- 2 x new white bath sheet sized towels
- 1 x new white couch cover or single fitted bed sheet
- 1 x face cradle cover or pillowcase
- 1 x you can bring anything as you want, as beautiful as you like, but it needs to be washed every day.
- Massage wax
- To give a beautiful massage experience each day you will need PPE – make it look good!
- Face visor
- Box of non-latex gloves
- Type IIr face mask
- Apron or massage clothes
- At least 70% alcohol sanitising gel or wipes
- Required Texts
- Access to your course manual
- Study Aids
- Following government guidelines, we will ask you to confirm that you don’t have any of the following symptoms before attending your course:
- A new, continuous cough.
- A high temperature (37.8 C or over).
- If anyone in your household have a new, continuous cough or a high temperature.
- If you are having shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- If you have any flu-like symptoms such as gastrointestinal upset, headache or fatigue.
- If you have you experienced recent loss of taste or smell.
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, please contact Jing on 01273 628942. More information can be found at http://www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
When you get to your happy Jing home
Arrival and departure
- Access to Jing will be set up on a staggered basis. Please arrive at your allocated time to make this smooth for everyone. This helps us keep you safe and enable us to have ample time to do a deep clean every morning. Regrettably Jing will have to change our early open doors policy to keep everybody safe.
- Please bring all the equipment specified in your pre course information.
- The changing room is not available for changing either before or after class.
- We are asking you to practise your best minimalism! Please don’t bring your normal handbag or rucksack. Please don’t wear any jewellery and only bring the necessary equipment you need for your best learning.
- We will operate a one-way system. On arrival, please follow direction signs to the main studio.
- We will give you your own designated box to put all your lovely things in, so you can keep track of all your belongings. All your things need to stay in your box at all times. This includes your manual, water bottle, all your clothes, phones, tablets and all your jewellery.
- At the end of each day you will have to take all your belongings home and follow relevant government guidelines on cleaning.
- We will have a staggered departure from courses and a one-way system to maintain social distancing.
Hygiene and cleaning: Our promise to you to keep you safe
- Jing will be deep cleaned before and after every class every day.
- Our studios and all touch points will be cleaned regularly throughout the day and a checklist will be recorded and displayed. You will play a part in this.
- Windows and doors will be kept open to allow the best possible ventilation.
- Massage tables, cradles and stools will be regularly cleaned.
- Facemasks will be worn by all members of staff at all times where there may be closer contact between people.
Hygiene and cleaning: What we ask of you
- We are asking you to be really, really clean!!! Especially under your fingernails!
- Out of consideration for all our community we ask you to bring your own face covering and wear it on arrival.
- On arrival we will ask you to sanitise your hands, forearms and up to your elbows.
- You can rest assured that your teacher will guide the class to wear face coverings and all appropriate PPE at all the appropriate times. We appreciate your strict adherence to this for the welfare of all.
- Please use hand sanitiser; as soon as you have entered the building; before you go to the toilet; any time you enter or leave the classroom e.g. to go to the toilet; and on leaving Jing.
- You will be given many opportunities to wash your hands and sing a tune for at least 20 seconds.
- All students, teachers and staff will be personally responsible for having their own personal hand sanitiser to use throughout the day.
- Sanitizer stations will also be available inside and outside of the studios.
- Please bring a daily change of professional clothes to treat in.
Social distancing: Our promise to you to keep you safe
- Standing/mat placement spots will be marked clearly in the studio to ensure safe distancing is upheld where possible.
- We aim for sociable social distancing at a minimum of 1 metre plus – smiles and friendly conversations are encouraged!! We must work together to maintain distance in the classroom and communal areas. Staff and teachers will support you to maintain distance in the classroom and in communal areas.
- One-way system directions will be clearly marked around the building.
Social distancing: what we ask of you
- Please maintain safe distancing at all times and please keep smiling and laughing. Safe distancing is 2 metres between people wherever possible, at least one metre where not.
- Be mindful of your conversations inside communal spaces, especially the hallway at the top of the staircase and in the kitchen/toilet area.
- Check with your group about using facilities such as the toilet, so that we can all avoid queuing.
- For your safety, the kitchen will only be available for those who have a medical condition which requires refrigerated medicines.
- Longer lunchbreaks will be given on all courses to allow students to exit the building and have ample time for lunch at a location of your choice.
- Please bring a full drink bottle with you and a spare full bottle if you think you will need more. All drinks coming into Jing must be in a hard-wearing, reusable container.
- We implore you to use your best judgement at break times, before and after class and in your evening activities to actively participate in a continuity of care for yourself and your community of health care providers, specifically to use face coverings at all plausible times, to acutely follow handwashing and face touching guidelines and social distancing measures. We are all responsible for each other’s safety at all times in and outside of your Jing home.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions and attending a course at Jing, you are actively giving us permission to share your details with NHS test and trace, if necessary, in all interests of public safety.